Friday, June 11, 2010

The Lowdown for June 11, 2010

Was Drake Whooped?
Rihanna musta put that GOOD GOOD on Drake because he can’t seem to stop talking about her! He told the New York Times, "I was a pawn. You know what she was doing to me? She was doing exactly what I've done to so many women throughout my life, which is show them quality time, then disappear. I was like, wow, this feels terrible." Damn, Drizzy, get “Over” it already!

Lyfe is Over…Going Out On The Road
Lyfe Jennings says his new album I Still Believe will be his last. He said, "I got babies. I can't be on the road seven months [at a time]. I miss the hell out of them. Instead, he said he’ll focus on promoting artists on his Jesus Swings label. I Still Believe will be in stores July 27th.

Suge Knight Off The Hook For Now

Suge Knight is off the hook...At least for now. Los Angeles prosecutors have decided not to file assault charges against the former Death Row Records executive, but they are asking police to continue to investigate the incident!

Gary Coleman's Ex Files New Will
This is just getting ridiculous! It’s like something out of a Lifetime movie! Gary Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price has filed a new will in a Utah court, and not surprisingly, it leaves everything to her. It’s hand-written and dated September 4th, 2007. According to the alleged will, Coleman signed everything over to Price if he died! Mind you, it’s not signed! Price is also saying that she and Coleman were common-law husband and wife! Um, yeah, keep digging that hole…

Jada Puts Her Career on Hold to Help Willow
Jada Pinkett-Smith said she put aside her own music aspirations aside to help her daughter's singing career. Willow, Jada's 9-year-old, will be releasing an album soon. She started a metal band called Wicked Wisdom in 2002 but sacrificed it when her kids' careers started taking off. And of course Willow's older brother Jaden is starring in the remake of The Karate Kid, which came out today!

Diddy's Done With The Lavish Lifestyle
First Timbaland is trying to make organic music, now Diddy says that he's so over his lavish lifestyle. "People have this perception of me - which is my fault - of maybe a rapper or champagne-sipping and Hamptons and white fur and just cliché type of things that are just kind of old and dated and corny, which isn't how I am today, you know?" Diddy says that the image he created is old and now he wants to change it. "You evolve," he explained to the L.A. Times. "Like, I need to retire my diamond necklace and fur jacket now. Things change. Times change." I’m wit it…as long as he doesn’t break out the shiny suit as replacement for the fur coat! Take That, Take That!

New MoviesTHE A-TEAM (action) Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Jessica Biel, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Gerald McRaney. The '80s TV series gets a rehash with a new gang of mercenaries.
THE KARATE KID (action drama) Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan, Taraji P. Henson. The '80s coming-of-age flick gets a rehash when a single mom and her son move to China.

I’m Yasmin Young and that’s the Lowdown for June 11! For even more of the DIRTY DIRTY, tune in to The Maddhouse at 7:10 am on Power 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment